The introduction & general care of bonsai was written to give bonsai beginners a knowledgeable starting point. It covers a variety of key topics including, watering, positioning, pruning, re-potting & styling. We give the booklet free with each bonsai purchase but we thought it might be useful to have a copy here for you too.
Please enjoy having a look at the guide
If you live in a hard water area and cannot collect rain water –
The Vinegar Trick
- Rinse out an old 4 pints milk container (or any container that will hold this amount of water)
- Once rinsed – fill it with your hard tap water.
- Now add 2 drops of malt vinegar (the kind you put on your fish and chips)
- Replace the bottle lid and give the container a shake to mix the vinegar into the water.
- Leave the water to stand for at least 24 hours (can be days and days)
- When you return to the container you should see a collection of a whitish/grey sediment at the bottom of the bottle – this is the lime.
- The water above this will be neutral, and can now be used to water your tree.
Check out our Bonsai Doctor page to see a few remedies for some of the most common Bonsai symptoms