We are thrilled to announce that we will be re-opening the Japanese Garden on 1st August 2020!
It has been nearly 4 months since we closed due to the pandemic and we have been incredibly busy maintaining the garden and tending to all our Bonsai and plants. We are finally able to re-open the garden, shop and nursery areas from the 1st of August by appointment only.
It will now be essential to pre-book you and your family in before you visit us. We have created 30 minute time-slots for you to choose when you would like to arrive. The slot you book is your arrival window and once you are here you may stay as long as you like (until 6pm when we close for the day).
We hope you will find the booking system simple and easy to use. Please see our ‘Covid-19 Information‘ page for details.
Changes Visitors Need To Know
From 1st August the Japanese Garden will reopen to the public. The garden is just over 1 acre in size and therefore we will be limiting the number of people who are able to visit us at any one time to maintain social distancing and keep visitors safe. We now require visitors to pre-book prior to their visit to us.
Key points –
- Pre booked tickets are now essential for ALL visitors, including Season Ticket Holders and children 3 years old +.
- Tickets will be available to pre-book 14 days in advance of your visit and we ask that you book a time slot for your visit to help us maintain social distancing.
- Bookings must be made online via the Booking Calendar.
- Time-slots are 30 minutes – you must arrive within the slot you choose when booking.
- Groups can be up to 6 people in any 30 minute time-slot.
- A £5.00 deposit will be required to secure your booking and the remaining entry fee for your group will be paid when you arrive for your visit.
- Amending or cancelling your booking can be made up to 24 hours before your booked visit.
- Visits to the Shop & Nursery (not the garden) will still need to be booked in advance – see below for details.
- We kindly ask that you keep a 2 meter distance from all staff and other garden visitors at all times.
- Please wear a Face covering whilst inside the Shop for the safety of vulnerable people.
- Please follow all directional signage, use the hand sanitisation points that are available.
- Please postpone your visit to us if you or any other member of your household has displayed any Covid-19 symptoms in the last 14 days.
- Please love the Garden as much as we do and take your rubbish home; leave us only your footprints.
All visits must be booked online in advance in timed slots.
The Booking Process – Step By Step Guide
- ‘Bringing anyone with you?’ – Click to toggle this option on and select how many additional people you want to bring with you (groups can be up to 6 people in total).
- Please include everyone who will be visiting including, Children 3 years old +, Season Pass holders, carers and ‘free garden entry ticket’ holders.
- Select the time-slot that you would like to arrive within – the available time-slots will be displayed for you to click.
- Continue to the booking form and fill in your details.
- Confirm your booking and pay the £5.00 deposit.
- Once payment is complete you will see Booking Confirmed and have the option to add the booking to a calendar of your choice.
- Your booking is now complete and we look forward to seeing you soon.